Debbie Bliss Magazine Issue 5
It's not knitting, but it is NELL'S KITCHEN - there was a problem with the recipe for the FRUITCAKE on page 11.
The ingredients are correct, but the method is as follows:
* Soak the mixed fruit and sugar overnight in the tea, cover and set aside.
* Soften the butter, beat the eggs and combine.
* Fold the flour and spice into the butter and egg mixture, then fold in the tea, sugar and fruit.
* Stir in the marmalade.
* Pour into a 7-inch greased cake tin and bake for 2 hours, or until done, at 330F/165C.
* Allow to sit in tin for 10 minutes before removing.
Pattern #2, TARTAN WRAP
The instructions and chart given will produce two identical pieces, the same as the piece that appears on the models right hand side (left side as you look at the image).
Pattern #3, CROPPED FAIRISLE CARDIGAN
All Gold squares shown on chart rows 33 to 39 should be coloured (and worked) for Camel, gold squares in other rows are correct. This does not alter the yarn amounts quoted.
Pattern #3, CROPPED FAIRISLE CARDIGAN and Pattern #6, V NECK CARDIGAN
Pages 64 and 69
The row tension on these 2 designs should read 34 rows to 10cm/4in.
Pattern #21, DUFFEL BAG
Each yrn in the eyelet row should be worked as y2rn in order to keep the stitch count constant and the hole large enough to take the eyelet.
Pattern #34, PEARLY KINGS AND QUEENS WRAP
Repeat the 8 patt rows until piece measures 132cm/52in, not 51cm/20in.